- 2 whole-wheat pitas, halved and opened
- 110ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 110ml rocket pesto, recipe follows
- 2 store-bought rotisserie chicken breasts, diced into 1-cm pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 225g rocket
For the rocket pesto:
- 450g packed rocket
- 110g grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150C/Gas Mark 2.
- Arrange the pita halves on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes until warmed through.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest and arugula pesto. Stir in the diced chicken.
- To assemble the pita pockets, fill each pita half with the chicken mixture. Top with tomatoes and 60g arugula and serve.
- For the pesto, blend the arugula and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the oil until well blended. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in Parmesan and salt and pepper.